- Successful people form the habits of what failures don’t like to do
- Finish strong
- Emotional Cycle of Changes; uninformed optimism, valley of despair, success.
- Five Habits to Create Raving Funs
- Do what you say
- Show up on time
- Say please and thank you
- Return phone calls within 24 hours
- Finish what you start
Relationships with People
- Time honored disciple: under promise and over deliver.
- Forgiveness is not a feeling it is a commitment.
- All relationships experience crisis.
- Any excuse for non performance, however valid, softens the character (reputation).
- Life’s greatest priviledge — to be a Brother and Sister in Christ.
- If everyone loves what you say you are lying somewhere.
- Children spell love … T.I.M.E.
- How do you surface reality? Robust conversation.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a seed.
- Avoid impulse communications if possible.
- It isn’t what they say about you, it’s what they whisper.
- Avoid gossip.
Savings and Investments
- Saves the pennies and the dollars will save themselves.
- People who understand interest – collect it.
- People who don’t understand interest – pay it.
- In calm waters every ship has a good captain.
- High emotion leads to low financial intelligence.
- You think different when you think long term.
- An emergency fund turns a crisis into an inconvenience.
- The easiest way to convey energy and enthusiasm is SMILE.
- When things go well look out the window. When things go bad look in the mirror.
- Be glad for the troubles of your job, they account 1/2 of your pay.
- We overestimate the power of an event and underestimate the power of a process.
- In heaven we will learn how small were the big things and big were the small things.
Relationship with God
- Faith alone is worthless. It’s the object of the faith that matters.
- The real reason to tithe is to honor God.
- I will thank the Lord at all times.
- If you don’t surrender to Christ you surrender to chaos.
- God thoughts should outnumber Goliath thoughts 9 to 2.
- God will not lead you to violate his word.
- Negatives are handed up, positives are handed down.
- A good reprimand is short and uncomfortable.
- Four qualities of a leader: authenticity, self-awareness, self-mastery, humility.
- Leading and managing are not the same.
- There is only one way to avoid criticism; do nothing, say nothing,and be nothing – Aristotle.
- Do not make decisions on fear because fear is not a fruit of the spirit.
- If I followed you for one month, I would know by looking at your checkbook and your time, who you are.
- The very essence of the superior individual’s superiority lies in their greater ability to make themselves do what they tell themselves to do.
- Trust then verify.